Made this dish Easter I could not believe the reaction I got, Loved it. Will be making this for some friends next week (the true test) Healthy food easily made.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
This sweet potato dish strikes a perfect balance between sweet, tart, and savory.
Yield: Serves 10 to 12
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 286mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds orange-flesh sweet potatoes (often labeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 Golden Delicious, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Finely shredded zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs
- About 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, oil, apples, syrup, lemon zest and juice, chopped thyme, 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and pepper until coated.
- 2. Spread mixture in a single layer in 2 large, oiled, rimmed baking pans. Roast until sweet potatoes are browned and tender when pierced, 40 minutes, turning chunks every 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter, add more salt to taste, and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 day; chill. Reheat, drizzled with a little olive oil, in a 425° oven in 2 baking pans, until hot, 20 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables