- 3 pounds orange-flesh sweet potatoes (often labeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 Golden Delicious, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Finely shredded zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs
- About 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 151
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- protein 1.5 g
- fat 3.5 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 286 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, oil, apples, syrup, lemon zest and juice, chopped thyme, 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and pepper until coated.
Spread mixture in a single layer in 2 large, oiled, rimmed baking pans. Roast until sweet potatoes are browned and tender when pierced, 40 minutes, turning chunks every 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter, add more salt to taste, and garnish with thyme sprigs.
Make ahead: Up to 1 day; chill. Reheat, drizzled with a little olive oil, in a 425° oven in 2 baking pans, until hot, 20 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.