Great recipe, but I confess I love to make changes that fit our tastes. And, I am always looking for the easiest way to make a recipe. I simply toss the prepared onion and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with the olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. I don't measure these, but I generally use much less salt in all of my recipes. I don't use Mache, but substitute Romaine or even Spring Mix lettuces. After zesting a navel orange, I also add the orange wedges to the salad. Can be served with grilled chicken slices on top. Purple onion or shallots are also great substitutes when sweet onions are not on hand. As for the vinaigrette, it is wonderful. I finely chop the ginger. Just put all of the ingredients into a container and blend if you have a hand blending wand....so quick and easy! I don't do any of the straining the recipe suggests.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Citrus Vinaigrette
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 pound medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package fresh mâche, thoroughly washed
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat a 17- x 10-inch cast-iron pan or 12-inch cast-iron skillet in oven 10 minutes. Toss together sweet potato wedges and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Place sweet potato mixture in hot pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Stir once, and bake 15 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to caramelize.
- 3. Spoon potato mixture over mâche; drizzle with Citrus Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This