Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This roasted sweet potato salad is a nice seasonal twist on the traditional potato salad served during summer months. Though the sweet potatoes are already nutrient-rich, the bed of spinach makes this recipe even healthier.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6-oz.) bag baby spinach
- Warm Bacon Dressing
- Garnish: cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cut onions into quarters, and cut each quarter in half.
- 2. Toss together sweet potatoes, onions, crushed garlic, and 2 Tbsp. olive oil; place on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 11-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake, stirring occasionally, at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender and lightly brown. Serve over spinach, and drizzle with Warm Bacon Dressing. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note