Really, I wanted to love the combination of flavors. Just didn't work for me. The roasted sweet potatoes were oddly not in harmony with the orange slices, and the dressing was just, well, "eh."
Roasted Sweet Potato and Orange Salad
Roast the sweet potatoes, section the oranges, and slice the onion ahead. Keep them all refrigerated separately until you're ready to toss the salad.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups orange sections (about 6 oranges)
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 (6-ounce) bag prewashed baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare salad, combine first 4 ingredients, tossing well. Place potato mixture on a jelly-roll pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool. Discard garlic. Combine potato mixture, orange sections, onion, pine nuts, and spinach in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine orange juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This