- 1 1/2 pounds sweet mini bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss together mini bell peppers, garlic cloves, and olive oil. Bake in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers look blistered, stirring every 10 minutes. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop peppers. Peel and slice garlic; stir into peppers. Stir in basil, chives, lemon zest, kosher salt, and dried crushed red pepper. Spoon into 1 (1-pt.) jar. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
TO USE THE ROASTED SWEET PEPPERS: Spoon over toasted French bread slices, or serve on a cheese tray.
PACKAGE THEM IN: Weck Short 8-oz. and 5-oz. Glass Jars ($50/each; westelm.com)