Loved it. Used veggies that I had on hand. I drizzled a bit of balsamic vinegar when finished and used for veggie wraps.
Roasted Summer Vegetables
Enjoy these roasted summer vegetables as a flavorful side dish, or use them in salads, sandwiches, or with deli-roasted chicken.
This recipe goes with Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Stand: 20 Minutes
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.)
- 3 yellow squash (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place in a single layer on paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, and let stand 20 minutes.
- 2. Cut zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch strips. Cut onion halves into 1/2-inch slices.
- 3. Toss together vegetables, olive oil, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper; place in 3 lightly greased broiler pans or jelly-roll pans.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with basil and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This