Roasted Squash & Kale Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 Butternut squash, cubed in 1/2 inch pieces , about 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar or honey
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) Ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) Kale, thinly sliced, I prefer Black Kale , or enough to balance the salad
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 cup(s) Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoon(s) Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Honey or to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) Creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) Fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) Water
- Toasted sunflower seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Toss squash cubes with brown sugar or honey (can use maple syrup), & pepper in a baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until tender and browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- When squash is cool, toss with kale, cucumber, red onion & red bell pepper.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, sugar (or honey, or maple syrup), peanut butter, ginger and water. This makes a thick dressing which I usually make thiner with some more water...just tweak it with more lime juice, soy sauce or water to taste. Drizzle over salad and toss to serve. I like to add some toasted sunflower seeds as well which compliment the texture and flavour.
- It makes lots, so for myself for a big lunch salad, I make the same amount of dressing to have on hand and just reduce the salad ingredients to an amount that looks like a good balance. It is easy to play with the ingredients.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Triumph and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Squash & Kale Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads