Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
Serve over a mixed green salad with blue cheese, or toss with steamed green beans.
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 35 Minutes
- 5 shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel shallots, and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl. Arrange shallots on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until shallots are very tender, turning once after 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Pulse roasted shallots, white wine vinegar, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 5 times or until thoroughly blended. With processor running, slowly pour 1/3 cup olive oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing 15 to 20 seconds or until mixture is blended and smooth. Serve immediately. Store vinaigrette in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, and whisk just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This