Roasted Shallot Dip
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds shallots, unpeeled and root ends trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- Garnishes: cooked and crumbled bacon, lemon zest, chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut shallots in half. Toss together shallots and next 2 ingredients in a jelly-roll pan; sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until shallots are light brown and skins are charred, stirring twice. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Remove and discard papery skins from shallots and garlic, and coarsely chop shallots and garlic.
- 2. Stir together sour cream and next 7 ingredients; fold in shallot mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 4 to 48 hours. Stir before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving, if desired.
Make Ahead: Prepare recipe up to 2 days in advance; chill in airtight container. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This