- 1 bunch spring onions or regular green onions, trimmed
- 3/4 pound snap peas
- 1 pound peeled slender carrots
- Best Brined Roast Chicken with Chinese Star Anise-Orange Brine
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- calories 129
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 3 g
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 42 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Put onions and snap peas in a bowl and carrots in another. Toss each with half the peanut oil and sesame seeds. Add carrots to pan of chicken when chicken has about 10 minutes left to cook.
Tip juices out of chicken into pan, then transfer chicken to a platter. Increase oven to 500°, toss snap peas and onions with carrots and pan juices, and roast until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Toss vegetables with sesame oil.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.