Not bad, we used the Chicken and Apple sausage, but I think it would be better with a bratwurst. But it was a really easy recipe and super quick!
Roasted Sausages with Beer-braised Onions
Notes: Choose fully cooked sausages for this dish; we prefer pork such as smoked bratwurst, or mild poultry such as chicken-apple, but any flavor (or mixture) will work.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 439
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 1200mg
- Cholesterol: 151mg
- 3 onions (1 1/2 lb. total), peeled and slivered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 cup stout or dark beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sausages (1 1/2 to 2 lb. total; see notes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch ovenproof frying pan over high heat, frequently stir onions in oil until somewhat limp and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in stout and thyme; cook until liquid is reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Prick sausages all over with the tip of a sharp knife and arrange in a single layer on onion mixture.
- 3. Bake in a 375° regular or convection oven until sausages are heated through (cut to test), about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes