- 3 onions (1 1/2 lb. total), peeled and slivered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 cup stout or dark beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sausages (1 1/2 to 2 lb. total; see notes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- calories 439
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 28 g
- fat 30 g
- satfat 8 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 1200 mg
- cholesterol 151 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch ovenproof frying pan over high heat, frequently stir onions in oil until somewhat limp and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in stout and thyme; cook until liquid is reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
Prick sausages all over with the tip of a sharp knife and arrange in a single layer on onion mixture.
Bake in a 375° regular or convection oven until sausages are heated through (cut to test), about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.