Food & Wine JANUARY 2003
1. Preheat the oven to 500°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the squash until al dente, about 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the 2 tablespoons of oil with the lime and orange juices, garlic, chile and orange and lime zests. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Carefully transfer the squash halves to a large bowl and let cool. Using a fork and starting at 1 end of each piece of squash, scrape up and separate the strands. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Spread the salmon slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the salmon for about 3 minutes, or until barely cooked through.
5. In a medium bowl, toss the cucumbers, mint and dressing with the squash strands. Mound the salad on plates, top with the salmon and serve.
Notes: One Serving: 497 calories, 27.6 gm total fat, 4.7 gm saturated fat, 28 gm carb.
Go to full version of