Roasted Salmon with Spaghetti-Squash Salad
- One 3 1/2-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red chile, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless center-cut salmon fillet, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 large kirby cucumbers--halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into thin half moons
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint
- 1. Preheat the oven to 500°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the squash until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the 2 tablespoons of oil with the lime and orange juices, garlic, chile and orange and lime zests. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Carefully transfer the squash halves to a large bowl and let cool. Using a fork and starting at 1 end of each piece of squash, scrape up and separate the strands. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 4. Spread the salmon slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the salmon for about 3 minutes, or until barely cooked through.
- 5. In a medium bowl, toss the cucumbers, mint and dressing with the squash strands. Mound the salad on plates, top with the salmon and serve.
- Notes: One Serving: 497 calories, 27.6 gm total fat, 4.7 gm saturated fat, 28 gm carb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note