Easy, quick, and really tasty! I've made it as is, with lime instead of lemon, and on our Big Green Egg instead of in the oven. Highly recommend.
Roasted Salmon with Tomatillo—Red Onion Salsa
Although they look like small green tomatoes, tomatillos, also known as husk tomatoes, are actually related to gooseberries. In this recipe, their tart-yet-subtle apple and lemon-like flavors cut the richness of the salmon. Remove the papery skin from the tomatillos, wash them well, and pat them dry before chopping them. Round out your meal with fresh corn on the cob.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 34.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tomatillo—Red Onion Salsa
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1. Preheat oven 350°.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange fillets on prepared pan.
- 3. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients. Rub spice mixture over tops of fillets. Coat fillets with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 individual plates. Spoon TomatilloRed Onion Salsa evenly over fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note