This is a very easy recipe and a great "quick cook" for a weeknight with salmon. The fresh dill and a good piece of fish are necessary for this simplistic entree to taste great. We both tasted the fish separate from the sauce and agreed that the sauce made the fish taste even better. Wouldn't hestiate to make again and again - enjoy!
Roasted Side of Salmon with Shallot Cream
This dish is as simple as it gets, and yet it's very impressive for company. Shallots, dill, and lemon are classic flavorings for salmon. If you can't find crème fraîche, use sour cream.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 47g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/8 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (3-pound) boneless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Place fish, skin side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Rub fish with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4. Preheat broiler to high.
- 5. Broil fish 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with chives. Cut fish crosswise into 6 equal portions, top evenly with shallot cream, and serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note