- 4 (6 oz. each) fresh or thawed frozen sockeye salmon fillets
- 1 cup very thinly sliced fennel bulb
- About 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups purslane leaves and tender stems
- 1/3 cup slivered green olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- calories 456
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 43 g
- fat 29 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- carbohydrate 3.6 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- sodium 322 mg
- cholesterol 136 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 200° and put a roasting pan half full of water on the bottom rack. Oil a rimmed baking tray and arrange salmon on one side. Pile fennel on other side and drizzle both with olive oil, then sprinkle both with salt and pepper. Toss fennel a little to coat and spread out in pan.
Roast salmon until just firm to the touch, about 30 minutes; let cool. Remove salmon skin and break each fillet into 3 or 4 chunks.
Put fennel in a medium bowl and mix with purslane, olives, and lemon juice and zest.
Arrange salmon on plates with salad and drizzle with a little more oil.