Needed something. I love rosemary and the arugula adds bite. I added dijon as another contributor suggested. Maybe grilling instead of roasting? OK, didn't wow. Very fast. Will trying roasting for more flavor.
Roasted Rosemary Shrimp with Arugula and White Bean Salad
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Leigh Ann Ross
Baked shrimp top a crisp salad for a refreshingly light meal in about 15 minutes. Serve with garlic ciabatta.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad and about 6 shrimp)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. To prepare shrimp, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add shrimp to bowl; toss well. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 3. Arrange shrimp on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- 4. To prepare salad, combine 2 tablespoons juice and next 4 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon pepper) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add arugula, onion, and beans to bowl; toss well. Divide salad and shrimp evenly among 4 plates.
- Garlic ciabatta: Heat 4 teaspoons olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1 thinly sliced garlic clove; cook until garlic begins to turn golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Discard garlic; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices ciabatta bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Brush one side of each slice with garlic oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes