Really good! Added a bit of garlic and dried sage to the oil & maple coating. So simple and delicious.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Maple Glaze
Maple caramelizes to form a glossy coating on the vegetables. Cubed butternut squash or sweet potatoes would also work well in the mix.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) slices carrot
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) slices parsnip
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled turnip
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, tossing well to coat. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Stir in syrup. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring after 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables