- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds turnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, or chives
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add thyme and next 3 ingredients; toss. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on 2 lightly greased (with cooking spray) jelly-roll pans.
Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring after 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring apple cider and next 2 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
Transfer roasted vegetables to a large bowl, and toss with apple cider mixture. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.