Roasted Root Vegetables
Prep veggies as follows: Celery root: peeled, cut into 3/4" thick rounds, then into 3/4" wide planks. Carrots: peeled, cut into 2 1/2" lengths, halved or quartered as needed to make 1/2-1" diameters. Parsnips: peeled, sliced 1" thick on bias. Shallots: peeled, left whole. Turnips: peeled, halved, each half quartered. Onion: peeled, quartered vertically.
- 4 pound(s) assorted root vegetables see above
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Prep vegetables as indicated. Preheat oven to 425 with a large rimmed baking sheet in it.
- Toss celery root, carrots, parsnips, and shallots with salt and pepper in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through, until carrots are just pliable. Drain all water.
- Add other vegetables and toss to coat with oil.
- Place veggies on hot baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes. Turn with spatula and roast until all vegetables are tender, 15-25 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables