Roasted Root Vegetables
Keeping the beets separate in the pan while baking prevents them from staining the other vegetables deep red.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toss first 3 ingredients with 2 tablespoons olive oil; place in a single layer in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan, leaving space at 1 end of pan for beets.
- Toss beets with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; arrange beets at empty end of jellyroll pan, apart from other vegetables.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a large serving dish; toss with herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This