Roasted Root Vegetables
The combination of colors and flavors in these vegetables delights Foods Editor Andria Hurst; she serves the dish every year.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 (1-pound) bag parsnips
- 6 large turnips
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large rutabaga
- 6 large beets
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Peel first 5 ingredients, and cut into large pieces. Coat 2 aluminum foil-lined baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange parsnip, turnip, sweet potato, and rutabaga on a baking sheet. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange beets on remaining baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Bake vegetables at 425°, stirring occasionally, 35 to 45 minutes or until tender. (Pans may need to be rearranged after 15 to 20 minutes to ensure even cooking.)
- Toss vegetables with melted butter.
- Note: We cooked the beets separately to keep them from bleeding into the other vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This