I paired this with risotto cakes on butter lettuce. It was superb! The dressing is delicious but I preferred it on the salad and not on the roasted vegetables. I thought the vegetables were delicious on their own. So I would taste before coating the vegetables.
Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 3 cups (3/4-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 8 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium turnips, cut into thin wedges
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add 2 tablespoons oil, 3/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss well to coat; arrange in a single layer on a large jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add roasted vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Make-ahead tip: Roast the veggies several hours ahead; toss with vinaigrette about an hour before the party. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note