Very easy, and oh so delicious! I love the idea to jazz up a simple store bought oil and vinegar dressing.
Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
This online review for the Roasted Root Vegetable Salad dish says it all: "I served this as the salad for our Christmas dinner. I roasted the vegetables the night before and then refrigerated. I made the dressing Christmas morning and refrigerated. It was absolutely delicious, and so nice to be able to prepare it ahead. I followed the recipe exactly. It was delicious, very pretty, and got rave reviews."
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 large parsnips (about 1 lb.)
- 6 medium beets (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup bottled olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Peel parsnips, and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Peel beets, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- 2. Toss sweet potatoes and parsnips with 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl; place in a single layer in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 3. Toss beets with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; arrange beets in a single layer on a separate aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or just until tender. Let cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 5. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing and next 3 ingredients. Place vegetables in a large bowl, and drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled over arugula with any remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads