Very easy, and oh so delicious! I love the idea to jazz up a simple store bought oil and vinegar dressing.
Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
This online review for the Roasted Root Vegetable Salad dish says it all: "I served this as the salad for our Christmas dinner. I roasted the vegetables the night before and then refrigerated. I made the dressing Christmas morning and refrigerated. It was absolutely delicious, and so nice to be able to prepare it ahead. I followed the recipe exactly. It was delicious, very pretty, and got rave reviews."
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 large parsnips (about 1 lb.)
- 6 medium beets (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup bottled olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Peel parsnips, and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Peel beets, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- 2. Toss sweet potatoes and parsnips with 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl; place in a single layer in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 3. Toss beets with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; arrange beets in a single layer on a separate aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or just until tender. Let cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 5. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing and next 3 ingredients. Place vegetables in a large bowl, and drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled over arugula with any remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note