- 3 cups (3/4-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 8 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium turnips, cut into thin wedges
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- calories 167
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 26.1 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 193 mg
- calcium 60 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add 2 tablespoons oil, 3/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss well to coat; arrange in a single layer on a large jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add roasted vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Make-ahead tip: Roast the veggies several hours ahead; toss with vinaigrette about an hour before the party. Serve at room temperature.