Roasted Red Potato Salad with Parsley-Pine Nut Pesto
I made a minor change in the recipe. I toasted the pine nuts in a small skillet on top of the stove, rather than heating the oven. Of course, I needed the oven for the potatoes, but if you wanted to use the pesto on grilled vegetables or on pasta, then using the stove top would save you a lot of energy.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cup(s) loosely packed, flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) peeled garlic
- 1/3 cup(s) pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pound(s) small red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow or white miso
- 1. Place pine nuts in a small skillet and toast over low heat until golden brown, taking care that they don't burn.
- 2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the pine nuts, parsley, garlic, miso, and lemon juice and puree. Slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth Add 1/2 tsp salt and set aside.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and the olive oil. Toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Add the peppers to the baking sheet and stir to combine. Roast for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the peppers are roasted.
- 4. Transfer the potatoes and peppers to a large bowl, add 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp pesto, stir well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature. Cover the remaining pesto with a film of olive oil in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TJTurner09 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note