Grilling the zucchinni, red peppers gives a real roasted flavor.
Roasted Red Pepper and Zucchini Spread
Zesty and bold, this richly textured spread is fabulous for parties, and also helps jazz up sandwiches and wraps.
More From Health
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Sugars: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 268mg
- 1 large (1-pound) zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 15-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10-ounce baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds and toasted
- 1. Preheat broiler. Arrange zucchini slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil until tops are well charred and slices are slightly wilted, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 3. Place cooled zucchini, peppers, oil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, feta, and black pepper in a food processor and pulse until incorporated but still chunky, 15-20 pulses.
- 4. Serve spread on toasted baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note