Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Smoked Gouda
Soup recipe from Denver Post food section (Jan. 02, 2013). 161 calories per serving, 10 g fat, 14 g protein
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 jar(s) roasted red peppers (12 oz) drained and sliced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 can(s) reduced sodium chicken broth (14.5 oz cans)
- 2 teaspoon(s) basil leaves dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme leaves dried
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) smoked Gouda cheese shredded
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add carrots, roasted red peppers, garlic, chicken broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Carefully use an immersion blender to purée soup. Return soup purée to saucepan; add cheese.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- Cooking tip: An immersion blender is a cool little handheld stick with a rotary blade on the end to purée soup right in the pot. They're fairly inexpensive, but you can use a blender if you prefer. Just be sure to allow the soup to cool slightly and vent the top before puréeing to avoid splatters on the ceiling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kellie80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note