Absolutely fantastic... very simple and finished with a splash of some good evoo!
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
Time: 30 minutes. Roasting the peppers makes this soup sweet, smoky, and irresistible.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 259
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sodium: 1243mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 large (1 1/2 lbs.) red bell peppers
- 3 medium thin-skinned potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- About 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Put peppers on a baking pan and broil 3 in. from heat, turning as needed until all sides are charred, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool; remove stems, seeds, and skin. Coarsely chop peppers.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook onion in 2 tbsp. oil, stirring, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add potatoes, peppers, broth, and salt. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. In a blender, purée soup in batches, holding lid down with a towel. Pour back into saucepan and thin to desired consistency with more broth if you like; reheat until hot. Drizzle each serving with a scant 1 tsp. oil.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews