Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Yield: 8 cups (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 97
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 289mg
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon butter-flavored granules
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) about 5 minutes on each side until blistered.
- Place peppers in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds.
- Combine onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup broth in a saucepan; cook, stirring constantly until tender. Stir in sherry; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and butter granules; stir in remaining broth and tomatoes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in peppers and milk, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Stir in sour cream and remaining ingredients. Return to saucepan, and cook over low heat just until thoroughly heated. (Do not boil).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews