- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes*
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
How to Make It
Bake peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet at 500° for 12 minutes or until peppers look blistered, turning once.
Place peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds. Coarsely chop peppers. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
Pour boiling water to cover over dried tomatoes. Let stand 3 minutes; drain and coarsely chop.
Stir together bell pepper, tomato, basil, and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill salsa up to 2 days, if desired.
* 1/3 cup dried tomatoes in oil may be substituted for dried tomatoes. Drain tomatoes well, pressing between layers of paper towels.