Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna
Yield: 10 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 large sweet red peppers
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light process cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles (cooked without salt or fat)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers, skin side up, on a baking sheet, and flatten with palm of hand. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 15 to 20 minutes or until charred. Place in ice water until cool; peel and discard skins. Coarsely chop peppers.
- Combine tomatoes and 1 cup boiling water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add chopped pepper, tomatoes, basil, and next 4 ingredients. Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Combine pepper mixture, tomato sauce, and 2 tablespoons water; stir well. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg substitute, Parmesan cheese, and oregano, beating until smooth. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, and onion; saute 8 minutes or until tender.
- Spread 3/4 cup pepper mixture over bottom of a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; top with half of cream cheese mixture, half of vegetable mixture, and half of remaining pepper mixture. Repeat layers with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture, vegetable mixture, and pepper mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 additional minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles