All I wanted to do was use up an almost full but open jar of roasted red peppers; I thought I had a half pound of shrimp in the freezer but turned out there were only 8 jumbo shrimp. I did all my chopping and prepping before I even got started, cutting the shrimp lengthwise to make them go further. THIS RECIPE IS EXCELLENT. Some day I may try it with fresh red peppers but I sure don't see a problem using the jarred to make life easier. And I liked cutting the shrimp in half as they just seemed more "manageable." Well, regardless, I'll be making this recipe a lot!!
Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel and chop; set aside.
- 3. Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Set aside; keep warm.
- 4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done and half of the liquid has evaporated. Add chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper) to the shrimp mixture. Remove pan from heat.
- 5. Combine cooked fettuccine and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large bowl; toss well. Add shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top each serving with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes