- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 378
- fat 10.5 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 20.7 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- cholesterol 96 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 573 mg
- calcium 91 mg
How to Make It
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel and chop; set aside.
Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Set aside; keep warm.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done and half of the liquid has evaporated. Add chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper) to the shrimp mixture. Remove pan from heat.
Combine cooked fettuccine and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large bowl; toss well. Add shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top each serving with cheese.