Roasted Red Pepper and Escarole Crostini
This festive Sicilian-style topping livens up the earthy flavor of escarole with sweet raisins and savory olives and capers. The red pepper flakes add an appealing spark of heat.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 54
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Calcium: 20mg
- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1 8 small oil-cured ripe olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brush 1 side of bread slices with 3 teaspoons oil; place on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add escarole, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until escarole wilts. Add olives and next 5 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes. Drain escarole mixture.
- Top each bread slice with about 2 tablespoons escarole mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This