- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1 8 small oil-cured ripe olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- calories 54
- fat 2.1 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- protein 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 8.7 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 162 mg
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fiber 1.4 g
- calcium 20 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Brush 1 side of bread slices with 3 teaspoons oil; place on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add escarole, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until escarole wilts. Add olives and next 5 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes. Drain escarole mixture.
Top each bread slice with about 2 tablespoons escarole mixture. Serve immediately.