This recipe is worth a try. I wasn't able to find the asparagus and ricotta tortelloni, so used three cheese instead. It needs something to cut the richness if using cheese tortellini- perhaps romaine lettuce, spinach or fresh asparagus. I will probably cut the dressing in half next time.
Roasted Red Pepper-Caesar Tortelloni
More From Southern Living
- 2 (8-ounce) packages dried ricotta-and-asparagus tortelloni*
- 1 1/2 cups bottled creamy Caesar dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup Caesar-style croutons
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Stir together dressing and next 4 ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute and 20 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until warm, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Combine hot cooked pasta and red pepper strips in a serving bowl. Pour dressing mixture evenly over pasta mixture. Top with croutons, and serve immediately.
- *Dried porcini mushroom tortelloni or refrigerated three-cheese tortellini may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Ricotta and Asparagus Tortelloni, Wishbone Creamy Caesar Dressing, and Cardini's Gourmet Cut Caesar Croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note