Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf
- 1 medium-size purple onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 small basil leaves
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1 (3-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- Cut bread into 24 slices; place on baking sheets.
- Broil slices 5 1/2 inches from heat 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook onion and sugar in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Cool.
- Top bread evenly with onion mixture, basil leaves, and pepper strips. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, and broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers