- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained well and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Dash of sugar
- 1 baguette, cut into 28 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic and herb-flavored feta cheese
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Combine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar; pour over pepper mixture. Toss. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Arrange baguette slices on a large ungreased baking sheet. Brush or drizzle slices with 1/4 cup oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes or until barely toasted.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon pepper mixture onto each toast; top each with crumbled feta. Broil 5 1/2 " from heat 3 minutes or until bubbly and barely browned. Serve warm.