I made this recipe at Thanksgiving, it only lasted a few minutes!! Delicious! Next time, though, I would double. A good, light appetizer.
Roasted Red Pepper Bagna Cauda
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 66
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 small canned anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Set aside 1 tablespoon garlic pulp; reserve remaining pulp for another use.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Cut the red bell peppers in half lengthwise, and discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil for 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand for 20 minutes; peel.
- 5. Combine bell peppers, reserved garlic, oil, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a food processor; process until smooth. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Red Pepper Bagna Cauda Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This