Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 ounce(s) uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 pound(s) peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh sagw
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) shaved, fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel and chop; set aside.
- 3. Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Set aside; keep warm.
- 4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp to pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done and half the liquid has evaporated. Add chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper) to the shrimp mixture. Remove pan from heat.
- 5. Combine cooked fettuccine and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large bowl; toss well. Add shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top each serving with cheese.
- CALORIES: 378 FAT: 10.5g (sat:3.3g, mono:4.6g, poly:1.7g) PROTEIN: 20.7g
- CARB: 51g FIBER: 4.9g CHOL: 96mg IRON: 4mg SODIUM: 573mg
- CALC: 91mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes