Roasted Red and Golden Beet Salad
- 1 pound red beets (about 3 medium beets), trimmed
- 1 pound golden beets (about 3 medium beets), trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped watercress
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 149
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 242 mg
- calcium 66 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Wrap beets in foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Remove beets from oven; remove from foil. Cool.
Combine oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour half of oil mixture into a separate medium bowl. Spread watercress over a large serving platter.
Remove skin from cooled beets; cut each beet into 8 wedges. Add red beets to one bowl of oil mixture; toss to combine. Add yellow beets to other bowl of oil mixture; toss to combine. Arrange beet wedges over watercress; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and cheese. Drizzle with any remaining vinaigrette from bowl used to dress golden beets.