Roasted Red Bell Pepper Spread
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 361mg
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Garnish: fresh fennel sprigs
- Place bell peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until bell peppers look blistered.
- Place bell peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel bell peppers; remove and discard seeds.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms, chopped purple onion, and garlic in 1 1/2 teaspoons hot oil in a large skillet 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove mixture from heat, and set aside.
- Process bell peppers in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add mushroom mixture, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, Parmesan cheese, and next 8 ingredients; pulse until ground. Serve with breadsticks, crackers, or assorted fresh vegetables. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers