Roasted Quail with Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Stuffing
This elegant roasted quail gets rich flavor from a nutty cranberry-orange stuffing, orange basting sauce, and cranberry glaze.
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 4 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Stuffing
- 8 quail, dressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: orange rind strips
- Cook cranberry juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 25 minutes or until sugar melts and mixture thickens. Add cranberries and orange rind; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove cranberry glaze from heat; let cool.
- Stir together orange juice and melted butter.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Stuffing into each quail, and tie legs together with string. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with orange juice mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour, basting quail with orange juice mixture every 15 minutes. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, if necessary. Serve with cranberry glaze. Garnish, if desired min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note