Roasted Quail with Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Stuffing
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 4 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Stuffing
- 8 quail, dressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: orange rind strips
- Cook cranberry juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 25 minutes or until sugar melts and mixture thickens. Add cranberries and orange rind; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove cranberry glaze from heat; let cool.
- Stir together orange juice and melted butter.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Stuffing into each quail, and tie legs together with string. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with orange juice mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour, basting quail with orange juice mixture every 15 minutes. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, if necessary. Serve with cranberry glaze. Garnish, if desired min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes