- 3 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, halved (about 8 cups)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 6 dried red chiles
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 lime wedges
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine 1 tablespoon oil and potatoes, tossing to coat. Set aside.
Heat remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons oil, mustard seeds, and chiles in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until seeds begin to pop. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add ginger, garlic, and jalapeño to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, turmeric, and Garam Masala; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add spice mixture to potatoes, tossing to coat. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro, mint, and juice. Serve with lime wedges.