Roasted Potato Salad with Peppers and Parmesan
This substantial salad is meant to be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. Cumin, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper give the salad a Latin flair. Serve in place of roasted potatoes with simply seasoned beef or chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 27.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 552mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place potatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss well to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; place potatoes in a large bowl. Add bell peppers and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); toss well to combine.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over potato mixture, and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note