I made this for the 4th of July, and it was really, really good (served warm), and I would definitely make it again. I personally loved it as is and would rate it a 5. My husband said he'd give it a 5 if I added something spicy next time, like maybe a spicy mustard instead of dijon. My youngest son didn't like it that much because of the skin on the potatoes. My teenage son liked it as.
Roasted Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing
This tangy side dish with sweet onions and honey pairs beautifully with burgers or steak. This potato salad recipe is best chilled but can stay at room temperature for up to two hours. You can also use sweet-hot mustard in place of the Dijon and honey for a zesty flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked), chopped
- 2 cups diced Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; cook 15 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized, stirring frequently. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds. Add onion mixture and bacon to potatoes; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add mustard mixture and parsley to potato mixture; toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note