- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked), chopped
- 2 cups diced Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- calories 224
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 36.3 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 427 mg
- calcium 41 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; cook 15 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized, stirring frequently. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds. Add onion mixture and bacon to potatoes; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes.
Combine mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add mustard mixture and parsley to potato mixture; toss gently.